Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday Stash-Organic Fabrics

Recently Contemporary Cloth was asking people to do a Survey and when they were done they would get a code for a discount, well I decided to help out and I did the Survey.  WELL the discount was Awesome!  I got 25% OFF of my order and then 50% OFF of my International Shipping and that was a savings of $12!  SWEET RIGHT!  
I love all of the Organic Fabrics that Contemporary Cloth carries AND they have a lot of it in their Sale Section.
I picked up some more "Geo Grand" from Daisy Janie.
Caravan at the top for the binding of my quilt and Crystal Ball on the bottom for the patchwork backing of the Quilt.  What Quilt you ask, Well it used to look like this.
But the white fabric is not organic and I want to use green batting.
So the quilt now looks like this.
The white sashing looked really good for another project of mine, so this is all that is left of it and the grey fabric you see in the back will be the New Background fabric for all of my hexagon blocks.  The grey fabric is Robert Kaufman Pure Organics-Silver.
The other Geo Grand Fabrics look like this.

I don't know the weight of these fabrics but they are heavier than normal quilting cottons.
More Kaufman Pure Organics, in Marigold, Aqua and Pink, they feel like the Konas
A Happy Coincidence.
The Marigold matches perfectly with the giraffe, monkey and lion on the "Safari Sweet"Alyssa Thomas's Organic fabric.
I got 3 Yards of this and I am so glad it has a beautiful hand, so buttery soft, like AGF fabrics and even the selvage little fuzzies feel good and I normally don't like them.  I am so happy that I pre-ordered her new fabric line coming out soon, Here Kitty Kitty, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Linking to Sunday Stash going on over at Sewing by Moonlight today.
Oh and in case you were wondering what I was doing with my white fabric


5 comments:

  1. Mara you've been busy sewing and jazzing up your blog. Nice new look. I'd like to know how you like that Dream Green batting. I haven't used it before, so I would like to know what you think. Happy Mother's Day. Do you celebrate Mother's day in Greece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "sweet safari" is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day! Love the new look of your blog! Looking forward to seeing how your first is going to look with the change of fabrics. Your butterfly quilt looks absolutely beautiful too. is it a baby quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! That giraffe print so ahhdorable! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow - your butterfly quilt is looking absolutely amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete